September 29, 2011

And now for something different

So I've been trying to pick up drawing and painting again recently. Things are still moving slowly as I'm still trying to find some inspiration though. It's difficult to get back into it, so if anyone has some inspiration to share, feel free! =)

I bought some new acrylic paints recently as I had noticed I had completely run out of my old ones (most had dried up, awww). And of course I had to try them out. I couldn't really think of anything illustrative to draw, so I decided to do something a bit more realistic, something I used to do when I was younger.

So I found myself a small canvas I had laying around and decided to paint a golden eagle. It's not the most realistic or detailed painting ever (it's a bit tiny for that too), but I like the result, especially since I hadn't used acrylics in a few years. =)


Golden Eagle in acrylics

No comments:

Post a Comment