November 7, 2011

One step closer to growing up...

So the news has been announced to my parents. I will be moving out soon.

Of course how soon has yet to be defined (probably somewhere after December?), and I won't just be moving out. No. I'll actually be moving to the United Kingdom, to go live with my boyfriend (who lives there already).

But of course I need to save up some money first so we can find a place to live in. It's a bit hard to do when you have no job and finding a job for two or three months is almost impossible I think. So I'm trying to sell cards and jewellery, so far without much success haha.

If you're interested in any of my stuff and want to help me out, you can have a look at my Etsy Store. Or commission me for a drawing or something. Anything! =)

I made a cute brooch a while ago, which I recently put on Etsy. It's based on my 'Whistle' drawing (which you can also see in my blog banner). I simply wanted to try out my clay to see what I could do with it. If I get more inspiration, I might try making more stuff like this.

Music note brooch.

Also when I was in Spain, I didn't just make those four Christmas cards I posted about in my previous post. I also made a drawing, something a bit different. I had taken a list with me with a lot of random words on there, to hopefully give me some inspiration. Bottled is one of the words that was on the list and a word that stood out to me, so I started sketching.

The word “bottled” brought up the “message in a bottle” image for me. But I didn't want to have a typical letter in a bottle, so I changed it around a bit to have an actual person in there. Maybe a bit weird, but to me it fits. It's something that I imagine would go well with a poem. =)

A message of love and kindness, bottled away for when you need it most.

'Bottled Love'

Drawn with inks and white ecoline ink on brown paper, then I touched it up in Photoshop. I decided to sort of leave the creases in the paper (from the water/ink) because I think it adds to the image. =)


4 comments:

  1. Wauuwww! :) leuk en gewaagd dat je zo ver weg gaat.. alvast succes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoi Ine!
    Spannend dat je naar de UK verhuisd!
    Ik zal je steunen en de brooch kopen. Dan ben jij weer 5 euro rijker en dan heb ik een leuk cadeautje voor mijn nicht voor kerstmis.
    Groetjes en succes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, proficiat! Ik hoop dat je gráág verhuis alleszins, want anders valt dat nogal tegen. Ik zit hier nu 3 maanden in het zonnige California, maar zonder m'n vriendin is dat maar niks. Jij gaat gelukkig wel naar je vriend toe, dus dat helpt wel :) Maar toch, de sociale en culturele verschillen zijn enorm. Ik weet niet of 't verschil tussen België en het V.K. minder groot is.

    In ieder geval probeer ik je te steunen: ik heb vanalles besteld daarnet! :)

    Ik ben trouwens helemaal weg van je "Bottled Love" tekening. Da's precíes hoe ik me nu voel, nu een gigantische plas water tussen mij en m'n vriendin zit… :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ine, wat een nieuws!
    Eigenlijk weet ik al lange tijd dat je hier niet gaat blijven, maar toch voelt het ook jammer dat je hier vertrekt. Ik ben in ieder geval héél blij voor jou dat je eindelijk bij Jim kan blijven en ik ben er zeker van dat deze verandering ook een wending gaat geven aan je creatieve loopbaan en alles wat je doet!
    Tot zaterdag!

    ReplyDelete